Pets are a part of the family, and they deserve to be spoiled every now and then. Every animal has different needs, so it is important to know what your pet likes before you make any purchases. Here are tips that will help spoil your pets without breaking the bank!
- Make some homemade treats for them once in awhile. Your dog or cat will love these more than store-bought. Store bought treats are not always the best option. While some of them have been entertaining for our pets for many years, others have been created from recipes that we as humans would never try. By giving a store bought treat, you may be setting your pet up to believe that the treat has been made for a human instead of a pet, which will lead to a food fight.
- Keep their water bowl clean at all times – this is especially true if you have animals who like playing outside where there might be bacteria lurking in nearby puddles.
- Get them an extra soft bed for when they sleep with you on your bed (just not too often, or you might find them taking over your bed!). You can definitely see what’s best on The Pampered Pup.
- Keep your pets entertained with some simple toys that you can find at the pet store. New toys are not necessarily just for birthday presents, but they can be used as prizes during special times of the year.
- Keep treats handy. You might consider leaving some treats around the house for them to nibble on. These treats can easily be placed in special containers or tied to string, which allows you to easily take them along for a wonderful pet play.
- Don’t forget to treat them on their birthday! You don’t have to get a big cake, but just doing something small like baking some dog cookies or giving them a new toy will show how much they mean to you and let them know how much you love them.
In the end, spoiling your pets is not about how expensive and extravagant it can be; instead, it’s all about showing them that they are a part of the family and that we care for their well-being!